Terms of Service
Last Updated: 1 February 2023
Welcome to www.srtctraining.com. The Terms of Service contains the terms and conditions that govern all use of our Platform (as defined below) and Services (as defined below) and all content, services and/or products available on or through the Platform (collectively, the “SRTC Services”).
The Company, Singapore Rescue Training Centre Pte. Ltd., reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service anytime without any prior notice. All new features that enhance the current Service and release of new tools or resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. If and when you continue to use the Service after any such changes, it shall be considered as your consent to said changes. Violation of any of the below-given terms will result in the termination of your account. If you are opting for the Service, you agree to give your consent for the following.
Course: A course is the product of the Company, Singapore Rescue Training Centre Pte. Ltd. which a client may enrol in.
Additional Terms: These are the provisions that are applicable to the Client for using a particular feature. It is indicated by the company in relevant areas of our Services.
Client: He/She is a legal person who has accepted the Terms with the Company.
Client Data: It is any digital data that is subjected to the SRTC Services or otherwise inserted into the System by the Client.
Company: Company indicates Singapore Rescue Training Centre Pte. Ltd.
Content: It is any data that is available through SRTC Services or contained within the System, blogs, articles, documents, brochures, presentations, pictures, images, audiovisual works, other informational materials and any comments.
Fee: It is the regular payment for attending the course of the Company, Singapore Rescue Training Centre Pte. Ltd.
Registration Form: A online registration system which client enroll for the courses.
Products: These are the goods/services that a Client is offering to people and organisations.
Website: It is a compilation of all web documents (such as images, HTML files) which are made available via www.srtctraining.com or its subdomains or domains with identical names under other top domains and owned by the Company.
2. Authority to enter into terms with the Company
- To accept the Terms for themselves or on behalf of a Client, a person must have the legal capacity to do so.
- In the case of an individual, the individual must be a minimum of 18 years of age or should have valid authorisation from their legal representative. In the case of a legal entity, the entity must be duly incorporated and in good standing.
- The Terms are accepted as soon as the person has received the course confirmation from the Company.
3. Course terms
- You must be human. Courses enrolled by bots and other automated methods are not allowed or permitted.
- The Company may communicate with you via email regarding your course, updates, news, and other issues related to your course. As soon as you start using our services, you are automatically added to our mailing list and get subscribed to our emails and newsletters. However, you can choose to opt-out from receiving emails.
- We may temporarily suspend your enrolment if you abuse our service in any way and will seek your cooperation in this regard.
- We reserve the right to accept or refuse any clients. We have the sole discretion on whether to allow you to enroll for the course or use our services.
4. Client data
4.1 Uploading Client data to the platform
The data uploaded by the Client into the registration form should be in compliance with the Terms and applicable laws.
By uploading the data into the system, by the Client, the Client authorises the Company to process the data.
4.2 Protection of Client data
- The Company will maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the Client's data at all times to the best of their ability.
- The Company may use service providers to perform the Services. The Company will make reasonable efforts to ensure that data transfers to service providers meet requirements applicable to Clients’ processing of data.
4.3 No guarantee of accuracy
The Company does not guarantee the accuracy of information with respect to the Client Data.
4.4 Unlawful Client data
The Company is not obliged to pre-screen, monitor or filter any Client Data. However, if unlawful Client Data or the action of its unlawful processing is discovered, the Company has the right to deny its publication, demand the Client to comply with terms and applicable laws, temporarily or permanently delete unlawful data, or restrict Client’s access to the data.
4.5 Compelled disclosure
- The Company may disclose a Client’s confidential information to the extent compelled by law to do so. In such instances, the Company may provide the Client with prior notice and the Client shall provide the required assistance.
- If Company is compelled by law to disclose Client’s confidential information as a part of a civil proceeding, Client has to reimburse the Company for its reasonable cost of compiling and providing secure access.
5. Disclaimers: No warranty
Unless expressly stated by the company, Singapore Rescue Training Centre Pte. Ltd., the courses provided are without warranties of any kind. In accordance with applicable law, the Company and its partners disclaim all warranties.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, and their representatives from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, including attorney’s fees, arising out of your use or misuse of the courses and content.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
- The courses, materials, trade names and trademarks, and other related elements are exclusively owned and operated by the Company and its partners.
- Any commercial distribution, publishing or exploitation of the materials created and managed by the Company is strictly prohibited unless you have written permission.
7.1 Content owned by the Company
The Company permits Client and its users a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable licence to download any part of the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use.
You are not permitted to copy, distribute, or publish any Content or any information obtained or derived from Company unless you have been exclusively permitted by the Company.
7.2 Client data
The company may use Client Data in an aggregated or anonymised format for research, educational and other similar purposes.
-If you provide any comments, bug reports, feedback, or modifications for the courses, Company shall have the right to use such Feedback at its discretion to incorporate, publish, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, and use it for any purpose.
- The company shall have the right to modify or remove the Feedback provided in the public areas of the website.
8. Third-party sites, products and services
- The website may include links to other websites or services (“Linked Sites”) solely as a convenience to Clients. The company doesn’t endorse any data, information, or material provided on those websites.
- Community provided content is developed by third parties and not by the Company. Therefore, the Company is not responsible for the performance or damages caused by the community provided content.
9. Limitation of liability
Company shall not be liable to the Client or User for any consequences resulting from deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store Client Data; any disclosure, loss or unauthorised use of the login credentials of Client.
10. Modifications to the service and prices
- The Company reserves the right to modify and discontinue, at any time and from time to time, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services of the Company are subject to change without prior notice from us. The Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party.
11. General provisions
11.1 Relationship of the parties
The parties will act solely as independent contractors. These Terms shall not be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture, fiduciary duty, or any other form of legal association between the Client and Company.
If any term, condition or provision of these Terms is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal in whole or in part for any reason, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties.
11.3 Entire agreement
These Terms are the entire agreement between Client and Company regarding Client’s enrolment of courses and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, proposals or representations, written or oral, concerning its subject matter. Except as otherwise provided herein, no modification, amendment, or waiver of any provision of these Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom the modification, amendment or waiver is to be asserted.
The Client may not, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by operation of law or otherwise, assign or transfer these Terms or delegate any of its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without Company’s prior written consent. Any attempted assignment, transfer or delegation without such prior written consent will be void and unenforceable.
11.5 No waiver
Failure of either Party to exercise or enforce any provision of or any of its rights under these Terms shall not be deemed a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision or right.
Except as otherwise specified in these Terms, all notices related to these Terms will be in writing and will be effective upon (a) personal delivery, (b) the second business day after mailing, or (c), except for notices of termination or an indemnifiable claim (“Legal Notices”), which shall clearly be identifiable as Legal Notices, the day of sending by email.
Billing-related notices to you will be addressed to the relevant billing contact designated by you.
All other notices to you will be addressed to the relevant Services system administrator designated by you.
12. General terms
- The Service can be used for the transmission of the Client’s data and during processing, the data may be transferred unencrypted over the internet.
- The Company uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, information, networking, storage, and related technology to run the service.
- The Client is not permitted to store, host, or send unsolicited emails, messages or chats. The Company is anti-spam compliant and does not authorise the Client to send spam. In such instances, the Client’s account might get suspended without prior notice. Accidental spam must immediately be reported to the Company to prevent account suspension.
- The Company makes no warranties regarding (i) your ability to complete the course, (ii) your satisfaction with the course, (iii) that the course will be available at all times, uninterrupted, and error-free , and (iv) that bugs or errors in the course will be corrected.
- The Company, its affiliates, and its sponsors are neither responsible nor liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, or other damages arising out of or relating in any way to your use of the Service. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Service is to stop using the Service.
- If any provision of the Terms of Service is held invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be impaired thereby.
- The Terms of Service sets forth the entire understanding between Client and the Company as to the Service and supersedes any prior agreements between the Client and the Company (including, but not limited to, prior versions of the Terms of Service).
13. Governing law
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Singapore without regard to the principles of conflicts of law. You hereby expressly agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts of Singapore for the purpose of resolving any dispute relating to your access to or use of the Service.